VoiceThread is looking for a backend developer who is interested in joining a small team with plenty of room for growth. You will be involved with refactoring legacy code, bug fixes, new feature requests and taking on individual projects. We are especially looking for someone with an interest in video quality and transcoding.
Remote in US, CA, and Western EU.
We seek out 1X Engineers. We value character highly. Humility, hard work, and a sense of humor can often solve problems where naked intelligence falls short. We seek to foster and maintain a company culture of curiosity, sharing, and mutual empowerment.
You have experience
- working in a Unix environment.
- writing readable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- have strong communication skills.
- be comfortable pairing with other developers.
- have a desire to build elegant and sustainable solutions, but also know when and how to build solutions that fail gracefully.
- Experience with video quality, transcoding, etc.
- Experience working in a start-up.